Dickens After Dark in Fernandina Beach
Nov 26, 2018 02:00AM
Ghost Club (Centre Street pocket park between Lindy’s & Debonair)
- Do you believe in ghosts at Christmas time? Become a member of Dickens’ esteemed Ghost Club to explore alongside the famous skeptic as he investigates the supernatural mysteries that abound. Experience the enchanting power of the ancient Mystic as she breathes Christmas magic into everything around her. Like the spirit of Christmas Present, she gingerly guides patrons through holiday hauntings and helps explain phenomena unique to the magic of Christmas time. Ghost tours will depart from the Ghost Club on the half hour from 5:30-8:30pm.
Tinker-Seeker-StoryWeaver Society (Upstairs of The Book Loft)
- Does the Christmas season inspire the dreamer, adventure–seeker, poet, tinkerer, and imaginer in you? Like Dickens, are you more curious about the world around you as the year peacefully comes to a close? Cross through space and time as you learn the fundamentals of story telling and then work together with fellow guests to weave a unique tapestry of stories inspired by Christmas.
Gothic Alley (South 2nd Street)
- Immerse yourself in a theatrical experience like no other. Visit the grave of the infamous Ebenezer Scrooge, imbibe in holiday libations, dance beneath the mythical Rowan tree with the Spirit of Christmas Past, explore the prospect of redemption with the Spirit of Christmas Future and break the chains that bind Jacob Marley.
Tickets & DetailsOpen to adults 21 years of age or older with ticket. Must present ticket with valid ID to receive arm band at event for entrance. While not required, it is encouraged that you come dressed to impress in your favorite Victorian era holiday costumes! No outside alcohol allowed and alcohol is not allowed to leave dedicated areas.
Ticket price includes one free drink (up to $7 value), a ghost tour of historic Fernandina Beach, and access to the three exclusive areas with specialty entertainment and cash bars.
- Friday Night, December 7th - Single Ticket - $40
- Saturday Night, December 8th - Single Ticket - $40
- Two-night Pass, December 7th & 8th - $70
For more information visit www.ameliaisland.com/landing-pages/Dickens-on-Centre-Christmas-Festival/Dickens-After-Dark.